Social Media Manager
Duty Station: Cape Town
Start Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months contract (renewable based on performance),
Salary: Negotiable (based on experience)
We are looking for a social media manager to manage all our social media platforms. We recently launched a French website and TIA French Facebook page and continue to build a growing and engaged pan African community on both our English and French web and social media platforms.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy aimed at growing the TIA online community (reach, engagement etc)
- Overall management of all TIA social media accounts (French and English) round-the-clock.
- Produce interesting, engaging and catchy social media content for TIA.
- Manage a round-the-clock posting schedule of content that fits the TIA ideology. This will include, status updates, memes, photos, infographics etc)
- Moderate online discussions on Facebook and Twitter and other social media networks (Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Plan and execute Facebook and Twitter Ads campaigns.Identify trends and insights and optimise spend and performance based on the insights.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns and social media.
- Have at least 3 years experience in a similar position.
- Must have own laptop and a smartphone and internet connection.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English. Knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Journalistic and newsroom production experience (across the African continent) will be an added advantage.
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit an application letter, portfolio showcasing other platforms they have previously managed, a detailed CV with the names of three contactable referees, with telephone and e-mail contact details by Monday, 7 October 2016 to [email protected]
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. For more information about This Is Africa please see www.thisisafrica.me