1. King Oyo Nyimba Kabambaiguru Rukidi IV of Tooro Kingdom in western Uganda is the world’s youngest ruling monarch.
2. Born on April 16, 1992, to King Patrick David Mathew Kaboyo Olimi 111 and Queen Best Kemigisa Kaboyo, the king on Saturday the 16th of September celebrated his 22 coronation anniversary.
3. The 25 year-old and 12th King of Tooro Kingdom initially ruled with the help of regents and advisers until the age of 18 when he became the sole decision maker. His mother, Queen Best Kemigisa, also lives in the palace and works closely with the king.
4. King Oyo ascended to the throne at three and a half years old on September 12, 1995, following the death of his father Patrick David Matthew Rwamuhokya Kaboyo Olimi III on August 26, 1995.
5. King Oyo’s ascension to power at a tender age made history. The king made it into the Guinness Book of World Records as the world’s youngest ruling monarch.
6. King Oyo is the third born in a family of three children. His two sisters are: Princess Ruth Nsemere Komuntale and Princess Celia Komukyeya, who died of leukemia at St Georges Hospital in Tooting south West London in 1997, at the age of four.
7. King Oyo attended Preschool in United Kingdom before returning to Uganda where he attended Aga Khan Primary School and Kabira International School.
8. At 21, King Oyo graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management at Winchester University in Hampshire, United Kingdom.
9. He lives in palace perched on a hill in Fort Portal district, but also has a palace in Uganda’s capital of Kampala and has a security detail of military guards.
10. King Oyo, among other duties; oversees a Cabinet that includes a prime minister, board of regents and councilmen.