Some great news this morning!
Win yourself a pair of tickets to the Open Book Festival in Cape Town, South Africa to be held from the 6th to the 10th of September 2017. This is Africa in partnership with the Open Book will be giving away 10 tickets to five separate events!!!
Simply answer correctly any ONE out of these five questions:
1. Tell us one book to be launched at the festival.
2. The current Man Booker WINNER will be at Open Book. What is his name?
3. On which dates will be the festival held?
4. Which Zimbabwean author will be speaking at the event ‘Everyday Hustle’?
5. The festival has been recognised internationally and shortlisted twice for the London Book Fair Excellence True or False?
- Queering Spaces – Janine Adams, David Ikpo and Nombulelo Madonko speak to Makhosazana Xaba about identifying and activating queer spaces in Africa
Wed 06 Sept, 6.00pm
- Reflecting Rogue – Pumla Gqola launches her new book in the company of Toni Stuart
Thurs 07 Sept, 6.00pm
- Inherited Burdens – Ayọ̀bámi Adébáyọ̀, Achmat Dangor and Toni Stuart speak to Nadia Davids about processing shame within families
Thurs 07 Sept, 8.00pm
- Every day Hustle – Petina Gappah and Fiston Mwanza Mujila speak to Harry Garuba
Fri 08 Sept, 10.00am
- Conversations with Mohale – Mohale Mashigo talks Intersectional Feminism with Pumla Gqola, Scaachi Koul and Chibundu Onuzo
Fri 08 Sept, 8.00pm
Please note that the winners will be selected on a first come first serve basis and priority will be given to these who answer a different question!!