This Is Africa is producing an anthology that explores ideas of pleasure on the continent:
– Who owns pleasure?
– Who gives and gets pleasure?
– What are ways in which pleasure is experienced?
– How do culture and pleasure meet?
– How do pleasure and tradition/ religion meet?
– The series seeks to explore new and old notions of sexuality and pleasure are experienced on the continent.
– How do issues of sexual orientation and pleasure meet?
– How are the different ways people are experiencing pleasure?
Submissions can come in the form of opinions pieces and analysis, photo essays, comic strips and interviews.
Abstract submissions of 200 words and a working title should be submitted by 4th September. Final pieces, based on chosen abstracts, should be submitted by 25th September 2017.
Queries and submissions should be sent to: [email protected]
*Producers of selected contributions will be compensated.