Duty Station: Virtual (Preferably Eastern or Southern Africa)
Start Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months contract (renewable based on performance),
Salary: 400 Euro
We are looking for a young and energetic intern who will work full time as an Editorial Assistant. The individual should be knowledgeable about the African content, have excellent writing skills and be a social media enthusiast.
- Support core editorial staff in all activities leading to publication of feature articles, video content and photo essays.
- Assist with producing content for the TIA social media pages as well as updating of TIA social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram)
- Support the Associate Editor(s) in any and all other administrative tasks
- Support staff writers with research for feature articles stories, including cross checking content from other publications, doing web research, conducting interviews and pitching content ideas.
- Assist with posting content and weekend scheduling on TIA social media platforms
- Monitor TIA social media platforms and assist with moderating conversations and managing trolls (delete/block).
- Must have own laptop and a smartphone and internet connection.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English. Knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit an application letter and detailed CV by Friday 29 September 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. For more information about This Is Africa please see www.thisisafrica.me